Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Clarification...

Regarding the political news posts today, I do want to make it clear that I am giving my respect and prayers to President Obama. Please see Romans 13:1 if you need a reason to join me in praying for our new president. I do not believe that Barack Obama would be president against God's will. That does not mean that he is right on every issue, but as Christians we should support and pray for our leaders.

For those of you who supported the president during the election, please do not be offended by our news posts. I am a self-professed right-winger, and I think Rob would say the same thing. All people are welcome here, however, regardless of their political views. Comments that disagree (politely) with a post on this blog are welcomed.

That said, if I believed in omens, then the news today would not call for optimism. The Obama presidency began with a flubbed oath (regardless of who is to blame), a bigoted benediction, and the most expensive inauguration in history. Fortunately, I put no faith in omens, only in the Lord, who never leaves us nor forsakes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment