Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Global Warming: not settled science; possibly science fiction.

The BBC has posted an article on this subject here.  This is the first time I can recall citing a BBC article, but the fact that one of the most liberal news media outlets on the planet is questioning the merits of global warming - well that is news.

My thoughts: whatever your politics, it seems undeniable that we are in a period of "global cooling."  What that means, is up for debate.  To me, I find it to be clear evidence in support of my theory: God's plan dictates global climate trends.  Mans' actions may have some impact, but so rarely can man overcome the forces of nature.  We may want to believe we caused a period of global warming, but I don't really believe we were a major contributing factor for the same reason I refuse to believe mankind can stop a tornado: mother nature is far more powerful than we mere mortals give her credit.  God built the earth, and his enginnering skills are above par.  To suggest we can change the climate is like suggesting man can stop tsunamis: both sound like science fiction to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment